The Kinship Care Resource Center is one of several community programs in the School of Social Work at Michigan State University. The KCRC serves kinship care families across the state by providing information and referrals to resources and services for caregivers and the children they are raising. KCRC also offers support to professionals serving kinship families.
Our services include:
- Information and referral assistance from Kinship Care Navigators to connect caregivers and service providers to resources to support kinship families
- Contact list of local supports across the state and a calendar with their meeting information
- Trainings, workshops and other events for kinship caregivers, service providers, policymakers and others
- Resources with helpful information for kinship caregivers, service providers and researchers
- Respite care funds for kinship caregivers ages 55 or older in Ingham, Eaton, Clinton, and Washtenaw counties